Is it a role for you?
Mortgage advising is a challenging role that requires good organisational and analytical skills combined with excellent interpersonal skills. A role that requires you to be able to work effectively as part of a team, while also being highly motivated and able to work independently when required. Customer satisfaction is the name of the game and being able to tailor your approach to meet customer needs is imperative.
If you are an experienced advisor, who meets the above criteria then this job is for you.
You will be a highly organised and experienced advisor with a strong understanding of the mortgage industry. You will have a good head for figures, an analytical brain and excellent interpersonal skills. Working in a team will come naturally, as will taking the initiative to get things done on your own. In addition, you’ll display outstanding customer service as well as being highly motivated, professional and a real ‘people person’.
Who are we?
My Mortgage Maker Ltd is an upcoming mortgage advisor with numerous very satisfied customers already under its belt. We are looking for the right people to get involved in the early stages of the company who are looking to grow and develop alongside the business. Based in the beautiful city of Bath with office located near such iconic landmarks such as Bath Abbey and Pulteney Bridge. My Mortgage Maker is company that prides itself on creating a prestige brand based on quality customer service.
You will be responsible with helping customers find the right mortgage and protection for them based on their requirements and situation. Guiding them through to completion, maintaining a close relationship with our customers while also dealing with estate agents, valuers, mortgage lenders and insurers throughout the journey. Doing so with confidence and friendly demeanour throughout. While ensuring that you keep up to date with the current market and legislation.
Helping people find and apply for the right mortgage and protection for them, according to their situation and finances. You will have a ‘can do’ approach as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Along side of this you will be confident in your abilities to ensure that client’s journey is the best it can be throughout our service. You will have the support from the company in various forms such as admin, compliance and lead generation.
- Providing accurate mortgage advice to clients that complies with industry standards and putthe need of the client first
- Helping people find the right loan and insurances for them
- Taking them through the home buying or refinancing process
- Ensuring that you offer additional services to help improve the client journey such solicitors or referring clients when necessary
- Handling incoming emails and telephone queries
- Dealing with correspondence and producing standard letters of advice
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Entering new cases and ensuring that cases remain up to date.
- Ensuring acceptance terms and mortgage offers are received as promptly as possible and checking these against the application/illustration.
- Electronic filing of client correspondence and all other relevant documentation at the time of processing
- Managing your workload and ensuring deadlines are met
- To seek out new business opportunities
- Report directly to director
- & Comply with GDPR Regulations and industry standards
Skills and competencies
- Hardworking, ambitious and have a keen eye for detail
- Reliability and adaptability
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage multiple demands on time and resource
- Strong IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team-working skills
- A high level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of common mortgage products, programmes, and procedures
- Good with figures
- Understanding of mortgage underwriting
- Good at sales to promote our services
- Able to quickly adapt to changing circumstance
- Able to cope in high pressure busy work environment
- Good communication skills able to work effectively as part of a close-knit team as well as work alone if required
- 3 years’ experience including experience in both mortgage and protection
- CAS status achieved
- Mortgage qualifications – must be fully CeMAP qualified or the equivalent
- Demonstrable industry experience
- Excellent general knowledge of life and mortgage-related products and legislation
- Previous experience of working in an office environment is important
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and associated software
- Previous experience of Revolution is an advantage but not essential, training will be given
- Experience in establishing and following processes and procedures – training will be given
- Experience of working with a CRM system essential – training will be given
Looking for fulltime positions but open to negotiation
OTE £30,000 £100,000 per year full time with ability of uncapped earnings
2nd & 3rd Floors Northgate House, Upper Borough Walls, Bath BA1 1RG
How to apply
Please send your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download full job specification here